Monday, August 10, 2009

Tyler and Dave hit the road to Crater Lake

The Manly Men's Road Trip to Crater Lake


Dave and Tyler with the KLRs getting ready to go

Dave, first stop in Carlton - no franchise food on this trip

Tyler, lunch in Eugene - the waitress addressed them as "honey"

Dave putting on a water-soaked "evapodanna" from Aerostich - helps to keep cool in the 100 degree weather

Dave, in the Umpqua Forest, taking a break to rest the rear, or is that iron butt?

Tyler at Colliding Rivers

Dave at Colliding Rivers

Pretty creek in the Umpqua Forest - the air was cool by the stream

Sara, Hunter, and Lane checking out the pyrotechnics at the Mazama Campground at Crater Lake. Kirsten and Michelle stayed home and took care of the recovering Mikayla - appendix finally gone!!!!

Crater Lake with a view of Wizard Island - the water really is that blue

Crater Lake

More Crater Lake - it was stunning

Round trip was 627.4 miles - not too bad for a couple of middle-aged, budding motorcyclists

They returned all in one piece, content, sore, tacky, and yet unrefined

2 comments:

The Hadley Family said...

Great pictures, PRICELESS commentary! ;)

Jerlynne said...

That water is SERIOUSLY blue! I think we might have to add that to the list of places we must see. I'm glad the "appi" is finally out - I had visions of interns taking out their own "appis" there for a minute. I'm not looking forward to the new season of Grey's at all (hee hee)!