I have such awesome kids! There are pictures going up for Miki's adventures, but Kirsten, Sara and Hunter are doing amazing things as well, just no pictures.
Hunter just finished picking up playing the trombone for the High School play, Music Man. He is a true Leishman, pick up an instrument and can play it reasonably well. I am so proud of him, trying something new and putting himself out there.
Sara has truly amazed herself (her Dad and I already knew she could do it) by being accepted into the 2 colleges she applied for - BYU-I and Western Oregon University. Now she has to decide where to go. Pros and Cons to both as well as PCC (Portland Community College) for getting her generals while checking out things to see what she wants to major in. There are no clear decisions. She is hating having to be a grown-up and having to make this decision.
Kirsten is being steady and sure - school and work and primary teacher. She has been such an amazing support to her friends and siblings. She is gluten-free cooking, yummy food for the family as well as much healthier for her, who knew she was gluten intolerant. She is volunteering in the elementary school again this year, helping with the literacy program and helping kids get to grade level in reading. She has been a life-saver for the teacher (one of her other mommies). A great support to Britany and Krista (see below) as their lives change.
Great news as well. Britany (another daughter to me) - Kirsten and I attended her wedding in Guatemala - has her husband home!!! After being deported 3 1/2 years ago, getting married over 2 years ago, he is finally back home in the US with his bride. Now their money can go toward college for him and her instead of lawyer fees.
Krista (another daughter to me) got home from her mission this past week. She has beeen in Florida and Georgia. We are all excited to have her home. She has grown and is more settled.
When did all these kids grow up and I stay so young? Ok I feel a thousand years old in body but a teenager in my mind. Onward we go!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i love my cousins! they really are all doing such great things.
Really, where has time gone? I remember playing around grandmas house when we were 5!
Kirsten cooks gluten free food? Do you think she'd send me some recipes? My brother in law just recently found out he needs to be gluten-free (darn that celiacs disease) and basically he just starves because all his favorite foods are not good gluten free and we seem to be having a hard time finding GOOD gluten free foods and/or recipes.
My goodness.. everyone is growing up so much. I can't believe it! They are all just so incredible!! :)
I love your cute family. I'm so glad that you all are my family too.
and I love you Aunt Michelle.. you are just the best! :)
I know! I am a LAME commenter! ;) Your kids are amazing! The Music Man?! How fun! I want to be in it. tell Sara Congrats on being accepted to both of her schools {BYU-I Rocks,...Alumni has to give a shout out} ;) Good luck deciding! ;)
Post a Comment